Becca Furman is a litigator who regularly represents clients in complex breach of contract, trade secret, and privacy disputes involving cutting edge technology. Becca combines her tenacity as an advocate and ability to distill complex technology principles with pragmatic advice to develop effective litigation and business strategies.
Her representation includes both plaintiff- and defense-side work. Recent examples include:
- Defending former employees of an electric car manufacturer against accusations of trade secret theft by a competitor in California state court.
- Serving as lead trial counsel in defense of one of the world’s leading technology companies against fraud allegations in Florida state court.
- Defending a developer of innovative electron microscopes against allegations involving contractual breaches and trade secret misappropriation in federal court.
- Litigating a two-month jury trial against a local school district involving the sexual assault of multiple students at the hands of their teacher.
- Defending a leading software consultant against breach of contract, trade secret misappropriation, and CFAA/CDAFA claims in a multi-million-dollar federal trial.
Awards and Board Membership
- Super Lawyers Rising Star every year since 2016
- Board Member, Bar Association of San Francisco’s Barristers Board of Directors
- Board Member, Justice and Diversity Center at the Bar Association of San Francisco
- Former Associate Board Member, Girls on the Run of the Bay Area
Outside of the office, Becca spends her time chasing after her one-year-old daughter and her improbably-bred Dachshund/Staffordshire Terrier mix dog, Ella. She also recently swapped her running shoes for a mountain bike and can be found exploring Mt. Tam and China Camp.